Funeral Insurance is a life insurance policy in which payments are made monthly for the life of the policy. It is a low insured amount life insurance policy paid out after death.
Compare Funerals is not offering Funeral Insurance at present as we believe it is not a financially viable option for the customer.
Some companies claim they will choose the best insurance company for you. These providers only use the Insurance companies they are affiliated with.
Compare Funerals may be able to help with a better option for you depending on your personal situation.
Use our funeral pricing service to know the costs and obtain the appropriate insurance cover required if this is still your desire. No guessing the cost required, you wouldn’t want a short fall in Funeral costs.
The Good and Bad facts about Funeral Insurance.
The Good facts
- Peace of mind in times of need.
- No worry about Funeral expenses.
- Your choice of Funeral Director for the service.
- Insured sum can be used to pay for the funeral.
- Extra money can be used for any other purpose.
- Worth the premium payments made if you make a claim in under approximately 6 years of commencement, depending on age.
The Bad facts – Funeral Finance
- Monthly premium payments start low and increase yearly over time according to your age.
- You can pay a much higher amount in premiums than the policy pays out.
- The policy may be cancelled if you miss a single monthly payment.
- The policy may expire after age 75, giving you no benefit.
- You may not be able to start a policy if over 75 years old.
- You may not be able to start a policy depending on your prior illnesses.
- You may only be able to claim for accidental death in the first two years.
- The money may not be released prior to the Funeral.
- Some companies claim the money will be released within 24 hours of making a claim.
- A claim cannot be made without the death certificate.
- It can take up to one month to receive a death certificate.
- Funeral costs increase over time, the insured amount doesn’t.
- You may not end up with enough cover to pay the Funeral costs.
- No prior arrangements made with your preferred Funeral Director.
- The choice to have Funeral Insurance will depend on individual circumstances.